QUESTIONS THAT YOU CAN ASK THE EMPLOYER:
- What is the scope of duties and responsibilities on the proposed position — whom will the position report to or which positions will be reporting to it?
- Who will be the potential supervisor?
- What are the specific challenges on the position in question?
- What are the main tasks to be completed within the first month, six months, a year?
- What are the particular expectations towards you?
- What are the company’s development plans for the coming years?
- What will be the development opportunities and within what time frame?
- What will be the opportunities for improving qualifications?
You can also enquire about formal issues:
- What are the remuneration components (base salary, bonuses, awards) and according to what system are they paid?
- What will be the social and in-kind benefits offered by the company — the form and scope of medical care?
- What will be the working time and the opportunities for using the annual leave?
Finally, ask about the following steps of the process:
- When will you learn about the outcome of the interview?