QUESTIONS TYPICALLY ASKED BY EMPLOYERS
Opening questions and general questions
- Was it difficult for you to reach our company?
- Is this your first job interview? Have you previously had contact with our company?
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself. Please describe yourself in 5 sentences.
- What is important for you in the work environment?
Qualifications, professional experience
- What did your work involve (tasks, nature of the company’s activity)?
- What position did you occupy in the company’s organisational structure?
- How do you keep your knowledge up-to-date?
Interpersonal skills / team management
- Which of your traits and behaviours would allow for effective adaptation to the new team?
- How do you motivate your team?
- What are your strengths and limitations as a leader?
- Please give us an example of a situation when your attitude prevented an interpersonal conflict in your company. What was the situation about, how did you behave, what actions were taken?
- Problem-solving skills / behaviour in stressful situations
- Please describe a situation at work which truly threw you off balance.
- What happened, what were the consequences?
- Please describe a situation when you had to get two equally important things done on time and there was not enough time to deal with both of them. How did you manage?
How did you set your priorities?
- If I called your superiors, what opinion could I expect them to express about your work?
- What might your subordinates value in you? What kind of boss are you for them?
- How did you manage to get promoted so quickly at work?
Strengths and weaknesses
- Which areas for improvement did your superior indicate during the last employee assessment?
- Which tasks are you not afraid to tackle at the new workplace due to your strengths/advantages (and what are those traits)? Which tasks may present an issue for you and why?
- Please list the tasks you found particularly satisfying to carry out.
- What do you think it means to achieve success? What do you consider to be your success?
- Please list your three greatest achievements. Why are they so significant to you?
- What do you know about the company where you are applying for a job?
- What are your long-term goals and how do you want to achieve them?
- What type of tasks are particularly motivating for you to carry out?
- Which previous professional achievements will enable you to succeed in our company?